1. THE PLAY AREA SHOULD BE PREPARED BEFORE THE ARRIVAL OF THE CHILDREN:
- Play Area should be prepared with all the requirements like toys or sport equipments etc before the children come to school. Play area should be prepared as pre indoors or out door games. Suppose you are going to let your student play running race in their play time, it must be done outdoor and all the arrangement like track, starting line, finishing line, ribbons etc must be arranged before the play time.
- SEVERAL CENTRES OF INTEREST SHOULD BE PLANNED, CHOICE OF ACTIVITIES:
All the children may not like to play the same games. So it in necessary to arrange varieties of tools for both indoors and outdoors game. Different types of items for play have been explained in my last blog.
- AREA FOR WHEELED TOYS SHOULD BE SMOOTH:
Surface for playing with wheel toys must be smooth in order to avoid damage of toys. Also, wheeled toys move better in smooth surface. Children crawl while playing with wheel toys and if the surface is rough they may get injured.
4.TO AVOID MISHAPS EQUIPMENTS SHOULD BE PLACED INTELLEGENTLY:
Children in each class are of different types. Some children are restless; they keep on running during the play time. For this the Equipments should be place properly to avoid accident.
5. BOXES AND BOARDS SHOULD BE ARRANGED WITH PURPOSE.
6. TOYS AND EQUIPMENTS SHOULD BE SELECTED WITH CARE TO MAKE THE CHILD CURIOUS:
Toys and equipment must be selected according to the interest of child. If the child don’t like the toys, they may not play.
7. TOYS AND EQUIPMENTS SHOULD BE SAFE AND STRONG TO PLAY WITH.
8. THE CHILD HAS TO BE MADE PARTNER IN TAKING CARE OF THE TOYS.
9. A GOOD TOY IS THAT WITH WHICH THE CHILD CAN DO THE SAME THING NOT THE ONE WHICH DOES SOMETHING FOR THE CHILD. So, Selection of toy is very important.