Nutrition And Eating Healthy
It is very important to be healthy to stay stress free during examination and to be healthy we must take a food that contain all the nutrients like carbohydrates, fats, proteins, vitamins and minerals. Some of the example food item containing the required nutrients are given below.
NUTRITION AND EATING HEALTHY: KEEPS THE BRAIN HEALTHY
|NUTRIENTS||EXAMPLE OF FOOD ITEM|
|Carbohydrates : these are the energy foods and provide energy to carry on daily tasks||potato, grains, bread, wheat etc|
|Proteins: they are required to build and repair body cells, bones, muscles, organs and blood.||Beans, fish, soy, egg, peanuts, green pea etc Certain foods like dry fruits, almonds are good for brain|
|Fats: a small amount of fat is required in our daily diet.||butter, eggs, cheese, nuts oil|
|Vitamins and minerals: are a group of substances that are essential for normal cell function, growth, and development.||Spinach, green peas, tomato juice, water melon, meat, broccoli, carrots etc|
Once you understand the content on nutrients in different food item you must follow the food pyramids because it shows us the amounts of food we should eat in a day to get the optimal intake of vitamins, minerals, proteins, carbohydrates and fats. It also gives the idea of consumption of water. You can check the food pyramids
Recommended Dietary Allowances for male and female per day
|AGE (IN YEARS)||ENERGY (KCAL/DAY)||PROTEINS (grams/DAY)|
|MALES||11 – 14 YEARS||2800||45|
|15 – 18 YEARS||3000||56|
|FEMALES||11 – 14 YEARS||2400||46|
|15 – 18 YEARS||2100||46|
HEALTHY EATING HABITS
Balancing food choices over time is what counts
- Breakfast provides the energy needed through an active morning, skipping breakfast may cause trouble concentrating.
- The golden rule for food safety is to keep hot foods hot & cold foods cold.
- Fast foods do not supply good nutrition but if taken in moderation won’t ruin a healthful diet, especially when consumed with green salads.
- Replace French fries with an apple.
- Add roughage to your diet – Dalia, Corn, salad etc will help prevent stomach discomfort and you will feel lighter.
- Drink plenty of water, it keeps the brain hydrated. A hydrated brain can remember more than a dehydrated brain. Ofcourse do not go silly or else you will be spending all your time in the toilet.
CAN A PERSON IMPROVE HIS MEMORY THROUGH USE OF CERTAIN DRUGS AND MEDICINES?
This is a thought that attract many youngsters. About 13% of the students are using that drug (called Study Drug) to increase concentration in studies. These medications are used to treat Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), which affect attention span, impulse control, self-discipline, and hyperactivity in the case of ADHD. The ‘study drug’ has lots of side effects and some pharmaceutical companies are marketing those medicine. The truth is that lack of certain nutrients in the food does affect the interest to study. A certain amount of tension builds up during the learning process. This tension can be controlled through a positive attitude and the use of mind medications. However, rather than rely on drugs, the best option is to ensure a balanced diet with lots of green, leafy vegetables and fruits that supply the necessary vitamins and minerals. When one eats a balanced diet, there is no need for additional supplements.